CAREERS BY DESIGN
Come and join one of the many growing companies within the Hill & Smith PLC Group.
CAREERS AT ASSET INTERNATIONAL STRUCTURES
INTERNAL SALES EXECUTIVE (ENGINEERING)
Positions available: 2
Location: Cwmbran, South Wales
Closing Date: 01/01/24
Are you looking to join a team of passionate professionals committed to delivering the highest-quality infrastructure solutions? This is an exciting opportunity for two individuals who are looking to be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we strive to create a diverse and positive working culture.
About the role:
We’re looking for two individuals who thrive on the opportunity to unearth new projects and identify new sales
prospects whilst promoting asset’s portfolio to the infrastructure and construction market. Clients broadly range from a technical background, including consulting engineers, local authorities, civil engineering estimators and buyers from the contracting industry. You will be working with a small team of experienced sales engineers. The role includes a wide range of activities from identifying new leads to project planning, whilst working on major schemes with key UK stakeholders. You will have direct access to the senior leadership team helping to make the company’s vision a reality.
You will demonstrate an awareness of the construction market and have experience of working within the
construction sector. Experience in engineering sales would be an advantage.
Responsibilities and duties:
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
• Research and identify new sales opportunities.
• Engage with clients to define and manage both project requirements & client expectations.
• Create project plans working alongside the product managers.
• Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education to clients.
• Use analytical and problem-solving skills to address clients’ requirements.
• Work closely with internal engineers ensuring that client’s requirements are correctly interpreted.
• Liaise with the estimating department to assist in the calculation of client quotations.
• Develop excellent client relations, manage client expectations, and gain feedback.
• Support sales managers in sales reports and maintain accurate client records.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Ideally possess a civil or structural engineering qualification
• Have experience working within an engineering environment.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Possess the ability to seek out new business opportunities.
• Organisational and planning skills
• Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent numeracy skills.
• Familiar with using CRM systems.
• Holds a full driving licence.
Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:30
Friday 08:30 – 15:30
Office-Based, commutable from Abergavenny, Pontypridd, Cardiff, Newport, Chepstow, and surrounding areas.
Holidays: 25 company days plus UK public holidays.
Company pension provision, with maximised employer’s contributions.
Private Medical Insurance (BUPA) qualifying period applies.
Share Save Scheme.
Charity Matching Programme.
Cycle to work scheme.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to: